4.01.2009

busy



Busy day today. I'm really digging this piece by Paul Dateh & Ken Belcher, this violin/guitar duo. He did this song on violin/piano to begin with, but I think the acoustic guitar sound just makes it feel a little more intimate. He's a fantastic artist, like he's actually technically really REALLY good, just check out his warmup which features songs like C.R.E.A.M. and T.R.O.Y. by the Wu, and an amazing pizzicato rendition of SaltnPeppa's Push it at 2:10. Nasty.

We've got Tourette's Syndrome tomorrow, which will be fantastic, I'm sure. Funny thing today actually, was that Christine and Linda were talking about neuroanatomy and Christine decided she was going to name her kid after a deep cerebral nuclei. Her kid would be habenula, which is I guess a set of fibres that make up the pineal stalk, so it isn't really a nucleus per se. I figured my kid was going to be named claustrum, which is a little gray matter strip that has been postulated by Crick (yes, of DNA fame) to be the neural correlate of consciousness. Neuro is so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment