5.05.2010

POW

I spoke to a patient yesterday and was just blown away by some of the history we have in our facility. My PT told me how Z. had been a POW in Germany and then queried me as to how I thought Z.'s legs got messed up. I had no idea, but then was informed that the Nazis flooded the mining camp and broke Z.'s leg. It was never fixed, because Nazis have no hearts. Z. was set to be hanged on Easter Sunday, but was able to escape and made way for Canada.

It's incredible that I can be privy to this kind of thing. Z.'s really an easygoing person, which is amazing after going through so much. Z. answers everything with, "Yes, thank you very much!", and only complains of shoulder pain every so often, but otherwise is just an incredible individual.

It's nice to know that even after pain and suffering there is solace in a positive attitude and an embracing of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment