5.01.2009

(un)inspired

When I went to the east coast, there was something about the place that aroused my philosophical senses. It was, perhaps, the sea air, the rolling waves, or the permissive, liberal attitudes of those there. I came back and spouted poetry, morality, duality, reality. I felt rejuvenated, liberated, and inundated with swirling thoughts as I erupted into emotion; the soul's ecstasy!

Just days later I seem to be coming down from that high and I'm not happy about it. I feel like the bipolar manic slipping away from high spirits into gloom and darkness of his depressive counterpart. I feel now it sinks in that the world is gray and lifeless, and there is little meaning in thought because reality strips it of its beauty. Here is death, thievery, aloofness and apathy. Here lies the grave to my musings.

And so, I am Two-Face, I am Janus, I am Gill. I am the delicate balance, the thin line uniting black and white. Again I am lost.

5 comments:

  1. who is Gill? Let's try to keep the high spirits up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alternatively, this might mean that you should move to the east coast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it might mean that, but I guess it's the school's decision on that one. Moving there would be rather ridiculous if I didn't have anything there for me other than the stuff of dreams.

    For Gill, I'm referring to Street Fighter: Third Strike. He's an elemental character who is half ice and half fire, kind of going with the whole two sides theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude i totally know what you mean. i go through spells like that with my photography. but even more so with my art. when i feel like drawing, it just comes out and its so satisfying. but i haven't had that in years man. i think it was the atmosphere when i worked at steeps and listened to sara slean/met so many humanities students haha.

    ReplyDelete