3.30.2009

maintenance pt. IV

New linkage. I really enjoy this week's collection:

Adventure Time is a short animation that appeared on the tube by Pendleton Ward. He's got a full contract to do a bunch of other animations, but his sense of humor is hilarious and his art gifted. He reminds me of a moving version of Perry Bible Fellowship. If you like his work, check out his other shorts on YouTube, "Barrista" and "Bravest Warriors".

Have Another Coffee is basically the story of my life and my addiction to liquid crack.

I've really been feeling Metric's Fantasies album after Sij told me to get it. Turns out that the Metric concert I turned down that was at the Shaw late last year actually had them performing some of their new tunes. I posted Gold Guns Girls last week, and this is the acoustic version, which is a lot more haunting, but interesting nonetheless.

Multitasking musician features this girl making use of her many talents. She's got some sort of drum machine (Miyuru would probably be able to tell you what it is), a primitive synth, a keyboard, her hands, and her voice. It's probably too much to be doing, but I think she pulls it off pretty well.

The last is Samantha James' Rise, which I found just roaming on videos on YouTube. Super chill song, it actually made me stop work for a moment just to kind of tune out. Shades of Telepopmusik's Just Breathe.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment